Monday, April 11, 2011

Zucchini Tomato Medley

This also came from the "Meals in Minutes" cookbook I got from my grandma. It was easy and really good. You wouldn't think something as simple as tomatoes and zucchini would be so tasty, but it was the onion and basil I think that made it. You will need:

  • 2 TB margarine or butter

  • 1/3 cup chopped onion

  • 3 medium zucchini, sliced

  • 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges

  • 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves or 1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh basil (I prefer fresh, gives it a good flavor!)

  • 1/2 tsp salt

  • 1/8 tsp pepper

Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add onion and zucchini; cook and stir over medium heat until crisp tender.


Add remaining ingredients; cook until tomatoes are thoroughly heated.


Note: It's another one of those recipes that you don't really need to measure. I just seasoned to tasted with the salt, pepper and basil. Surprisingly, my kids ate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment